Sunday, January 31, 2010

Upgrading the ER

After returning from Utah for Christmas/New Years (Cold, Wet and Snowy Wa, Wa, wa) it was time to start putting the thing in order. The first order of business was to paint the engine room white. I know you do not believe it Scott, but this
is in fact the same engine room. After a couple of days painting and living in the boat, I was starting to get a little (more) goofy. But, it sure looks a lot better. I have started installing Insulation, I am using the good foil/Noise barrier type to keep the powerful new engine noise down at acceptable levels. If I only had a powerful new engine, but Volvo is working on it. The generator is not here yet either, but I expect it any day. I picked up a combo Washer/Dryer and I am in the process of installing that now (pictures next week). I have started installing some of the electrical, the inverter you see in the picture will allow Suzy unlimited access the all the comforts
of home. As soon as the Washer goes in we will start installing all the misc. small components, and dig into the plumbing. Please send a comment if there is anything you would like to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment